VP of Sales
What We Do
Check us out: ‘It’s Worth the Squeeze”
Co-founded in 2012 by Jeff Jetton and Tyler Williams, F+BI (Food+Beverage Innovations, LLC) is the creator of the world’s first fully automated gelatin maker (Jevo). From its headquarters in Portland, OR., 43 employees create value by helping the food and beverage world serve up way.more.fun.™
With over 200 units installed at customer locations, including premier brands like Live Nation, MGM Hotels, and Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, we are looking for the VP of Sales who can lead us to our goal of over 10,000 units in the marketplace.
F+BI is looking for a VP of Sales with experience in the beverage / hospitality industry, more specifically on the spirits side. This dynamic, motivating sales leader will oversee planning and implementing sales as well as sales operations targeted toward existing and new markets. The food + beverage industry is high touch and we need a savvy sales implementer who understands channel partners, best practices in executing and leading a sales organization, and supporting the sales + marketing functions of our customers. Candidates must have National Accounts (NA) experience, proven NA relationships and have managed inside + outside sales teams.
- Build, manage, and motivate a growing sales teams (national). Implement effective sales strategies to achieve targeted sales objectives.
- Develop competencies and processes required to create an effective and efficient sales organization, including tracking pipeline, conversions, and direct relationship management.
- Provide sales management, budget control, and compensation and incentive planning and tracking.
- In conjunction with company policies, ensure effective hiring, orientation, training, development, and retention of future sales staff.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual sales forecasts in conjunction with marketing, operations, customer success, and finance departments. Act as a liaison between company functions as part of customer feedback loop and advocacy.
- Meet/exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales forecasts.
- Partner with CEO and VP of Business Development in the development of key customer relationship management. Assist VP of Business Development with the appropriate hand-off, and close, of relationships and deals.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key industry influencers.
- Work with CEO and VP of Business Development to direct channel activity and coordinate sales distribution + territory management.
- Represent company at trade association events to promote products.
- Prepare periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed customer base expansions. Management team and Board reporting of same.
- Review and analyze sales performance and sales programs against quotas and plans to determine effectiveness. Make suggestions for corrective action, as needed.
- Bottom line – own sales!
Competencies and Experience Requirements
- 7+ years experience in sales and leading sales enabled organizations – including relevant industry experience at the mid- to senior executive level. Specific experience in the spirits space including selling in to bars, clubs, sporting and music venues, gaming and resorts.
- Ability to manage influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building + motivation!
- Wired for results.
- Strong empathy for customers AND passion for revenue and growth.
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models.
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset.
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning and improvement.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Why You’ll Love Working Here
- The world’s first fully automated gelatin maker!
- Agile, hardworking, and professional work environment with high expectations.
- Highly motivated team in a beautiful creative environment.
- Competitive pay and performance incentive plan.
- Benefit package for full time employees, including: health, vision, dental, 401(k).
Interested? Email your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!