Controller (you really love cost accounting, you live to discuss new developments in GAAP, and thinking about how to scale accounting functions in a start-up environment is your jam)
What we do
Co-founded in 2012 by Jeff Jetton and Tyler Williams, F+BI (Food+Beverage Innovations, LLC) is the creator of the world’s first fully automated gelatin maker. From its headquarters in Tigard, OR., 43 employees create value by helping the food and beverage world serve up way. more. fun.™ Learn more at getjevo.com.
We are a rapidly growing consumer product company looking for that right Controller to be a business partner to our department heads and guide finance and accounting controls, analysis, and decision making. The Controller works to ensure sound business practices as we work toward effectiveness, efficiency, profitability, and the deployment of an innovative food and beverage product. As part of the team you’ll help drive business results by aligning our financial strategies with our overall business objectives. As our finance lead you’ll proactively own accounting processes, forecasting, financial reporting, budgets, and documentation. Located in Tigard, OR.
Cool product, great people and a fantastic opportunity for the right person!
(include but are not limited to:)
- Manage accounting functions including general accounting, cost accounting, revenue recognition, fixed assets (asset and non-parts related inventory records)
- Complete monthly close including account reconciliations, recurring and non-standard journal entries, and preparation and release of financial statements for management and board reporting
- Work with department heads to create monthly and annual operating budgets, including updates, monitoring, and variance analysis (sales, margins, spending, manufacturing performance)
- Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with best practice procedures
- Financial and forecast modeling updates, including coordination with Purchasing staff on key forecasts, and Sales staff on projected sales volume and mix, ensuring practical and sustainable operations; assist in development and maintenance of KPIs
- Provide financial job costing and project analytics in support of operation/ production/ product development teams; develop and maintain Overhead calculations and allocation to product(s)
- Provide leadership and support to A/P and A/R position(s)
- Identify financial risks and facilitate actions to manage & mitigate those risks
- Provide recommendations and continuous improvement ideas to reduce costs and performance reporting
- As a business partner to department heads, make recommendations that support financial and operational objectives
- Provide cash flow assessments of sales commission and sales programs, including correct accounting
- Assist in the transitions and integrations impacting financial systems (Quickbooks, CRM finance-related, eCommerce)
- Review capital expenditure requests to include financial impacts as needed. Assist in preparation of analysis to present for CEO or board approval including processes for depreciation, ROI, etc.
- Organize and maintain vital documents and data including a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Collect, remit, and process proper reporting related to sales taxes following nexus and/or current state laws
- Review third party reps and distributor agreements for financial impacts
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
(to perform this job successfully)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related discipline
- 5 years progressive accounting experience, with 3 years of financial close experience
- Start-up experience helpful – you’ll be building best practice systems and recordkeeping
- Hands on cost accounting experience in an environment with OH and labor allocations
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP, advanced Excel skills; demonstrated experience with Quickbooks
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Self-motivated and self-directed; ability to work closely with a management team
- Ability to solve problems, learn quickly, improve processes, and prioritize work to meet deadlines
Why you’ll love working here
- The world’s first fully automated gelatin maker!
- Agile, hardworking, and professional work environment with high expectations working to bring the Jevolution
- Highly motivated team in a creative environment
- Benefit package including: health, vision, dental, 401(k)
Interested? Email your resume to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!